Atlanta Opera presents an abridged version of Marriage of Figaro at Theatre Dublin, free for students and children!
This shortened version is sung in Italian. Lovebird servants Figaro and Susanna prepare to tie the knot and in a single day the world of sexual politics is forever changed. Far beyond a simple sex farce, the transcendent music of Mozart elevates this story of upstairs-downstairs infidelities and mistaken identities into a message of dignity and forgiveness.
Emerging young talent Tara Faircloth directs this beautifully staged production, featuring baritone Craig Colclough as Figaro and Lauren Snouffer as Susanna in their Atlanta Opera debuts. The philandering Count Almaviva is debut artist John Moore and Metropolitan Opera soprano Katie Van Kooten debuts as the sadder (but wiser) Countess. Music Director Arthur Fagen conducts this production featuring sets and costumes by Susan Benson.
Info & Amenities
- Facility Amenities: Bus / Motorcoach Parking on Site , Concessions , Free Parking , Parking off Site , Parking on Site , Public Restrooms
- General Information: Family-friendly , Handicapped Accessible
- Group Amenities: Group-friendly
- Near Interstate Highway: 16
- Payment Options: American Express , Discover , Mastercard , Visa
- Suitable for Ages: All Ages